More on MIG welders

To: hoosier.cs.utah.edu!british-cars@hoosier
Subject: More on MIG welders
From: jeb@mtqua.att.com
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 93 09:52 EST
Some second-hand information on MIG welders.  A friend of mine
bought a MIG unit from Harbor Freight.  At first he was quite
happy with it, but became disillusioned later as the wire feed
drive started breaking down.  He had a lot of trouble with not
getting smooth wire feed, and later with jams and tangles.  The
quality of the wire drive seems to be a big factor in how well
such a welder operates.

Another buddy of mine and I were going to pool our funds and
invest in a small Lincoln MIG welder, but then he started
adding kids to his family, and that was the end of that idea.

Jim Beckman       1955 AH-100 BN1     att!mtqua!jeb