Zinc Plating

Subject: Zinc Plating
From: rodb@ee.ubc.ca
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 93 10:09:03 PST

I've decided to restore our Healey using the "bit by bit" philosophy
and thereby keeping it driveable as much as possible.  I've got a number
of corroded parts that needed to be re-plated in zinc and I'm wondering how
hard this is to do at home.  Eastwood sells a simple kit for tin/zinc plating
which looks way over-priced.  Does anybody have info on zinc plating or seen
any articles on it recently?  I want to do small pieces as the urge
hits me and I'll never have enough parts to make the minmum order at
a commercial place with my current scheme.

For those interested, I'm starting with the sway bar busings and brackets;
some of which are zinc plated.

Thanks --rod.

--
Rod Barman, Dept. of E.E., University of British Columbia
rodb@ee.ubc.ca