Spridget lower hinge

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Spridget lower hinge
From: COSTICH_ALAN/HPATC1_01@i3125ent.atl.hp.com
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 93 11:10:00 -0500
Apologies. I have fallen behind in my reading. Took
Veterans' Day off.

I think Marcus Tooze was asking what was involved in
replacing the lower door hinge pocket on spridgets.
The pocket itself can be purchased from Moss or VB
for about $18.95. There is an outer skin that will be
required, and that is about $6.00. Begin by cutting out
the rot. Weld in new metal and line things up as well
as possible, then weld in the new door hinge pocket.
Not terribly difficult, but, very time consuming. I
have done both sides on the '71 Midget in my garage.

John Dombey's "bad ascii graphics" are excellent! This
is exactly how the pin can be removed from the clutch fork.
I think the pin is hardened, and therefore, very brittle.
Someone suggested torquing the new pin to thirty pounds.
I would suggest you be very careful screwing in the new
pin.

Alan