Re: Despertly seeking TR3 parts

To: britcars@hpfckjs.fc.hp.com, british-cars@autox.team.net, british@apple.com,
Subject: Re: Despertly seeking TR3 parts
From: "TeriAnn Wakeman" <twakeman@apple.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 93 09:14:06 -0800
In message <9311161546.AA09444@hpfckjs.fc.hp.com>  writes:
> TeriAnn,
> My experience to date with the reseviors is that they were unpainted.  This
> seems to be true of many of the small parts on TR's.  The resevoirs I have
> appear to be galvenized (a very thin layer of poor quality).  The problem
> with
> painting them is that they are expected to hold that nasty paint stripper
> known
> as brake fluid, which you will inevitably spill on the outside.
> --
>
> Kevin Spooner
> The Sports Works of Greeley
> Specializing in Triumphs and British Sports Cars
>
> britcars@hpfckjs.fc.hp.com

Kevin, your observation matches mine on the brake/clutch resevior.

My other concern is the acelerator peddle/linkage assembly.  I looked mine over
very carefully befor subjecting it to the sand blaster. Mine has a thin layer of
rust signifying some kind of protection was there, but i could not find any
traces of paint on most of it.  The face of the accelerator peddle was apinted
silver.  The mounting flanges that faced the body were signal red, the colour of
the car.  Other than that I could find no traces of paint.  It looked as though
it once had a thin poor galvinized coating.  Any opinions????

I haven't mounted this pice yet, but I'm half inclined to strip the freh paint
off and take it down to have it galvinized.

I'm debating on having parts of the wiper motor assembly regalvinized, so this
would just be one more item.  What other parts in a TR3 were galvinized becides
the wiper motor (center section crinkle black paint), possibly the accelerator
accembly, and possibly the brake.clutch resevour?

Thoughts?

Maybe its time to get the TRA concourse guide (I hope I don't find myself
disagreeing with it.

TeriAnn

TeriAnn Wakeman             One of these days, I'll be old enough that
twakeman@apple.com          people will stop calling me crazy and start
LINK: TWAKEMAN              calling me eccentric.
408-974-2344        TR3A - TS75519L, MGBGT - GHD4U149572G, 109 - 164000561