Re: NBCs (New British Cars)

To: DJP@ALPHA.SUNQUEST.COM, british-cars@autox.team.net,
Subject: Re: NBCs (New British Cars)
From: "TeriAnn Wakeman" <twakeman@apple.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 93 13:54:14 -0800
In message <931111130819.236056b5@ALPHA.SUNQUEST.COM> Dan Parslow writes:
> Scott's posting on the North American Land Rover Defender has
> got me daydreaming about *new* LBCs.

Religious and political stuff edited out

> I know that Caterham and Marcos have import representatives here;
> What about others, like TVR and Morgan?   Is there perhaps a
> Canadian route an enterprising fellow can take to bring such
> things home?

Things about being of tender years left out

> - Dan "Never bought one less than 8 years old" Parslow

Dan
You can get the Morgan +8 new.  Take a tradtional Morgan body style, do some
minor appearing updates to meet US safety regs, dump a propane powered Rover V8
into it & you have a Morgan +8.

Dont forget the Jag XJ6 & XJS, nor the Range Rover.  Until recently there was a
Rover rebadged as a Sterling.  Its still a good deal on an Accura (?? What did
she just say?)  I believe that you can still get a new Rolls.  I just noticed
that Lotus was not on your list.

Quietly
         step
               down
                     into
                            the
                                 dark
                                        underground

Some people bring their cars with them when they come to the US to work under a
work visa.  The government assumes the cars will leave when their owner leaves
and allows the car to be registered in the US.  I have seen a couple of TR5s
that have come in that way.

Some cars that could not otherwise come into the US do so by maskerading as an
older car.  This requires a resembulance, an older donnor car, a government
official asleep at the wheel, and a willingness to break the law (which I am NOT
advocating).

TeriAnn

TeriAnn Wakeman             One of these days, I'll be old enough that
twakeman@apple.com          people will stop calling me crazy and start
LINK: TWAKEMAN              calling me eccentric.
408-974-2344        TR3A - TS75519L, MGBGT - GHD4U149572G, 109 - 164000561