British Car Magazine

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: British Car Magazine
From: Garry Archer <archer@hsi.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 1993 14:20:06 -0500
TeriAnn writes:

> In message <931103105644.2240bd44@ALPHA.SUNQUEST.COM>  writes:
> > The reason I'm responding is because of an ad in British Cars
> > magazine.  They're looking for technical writer/contributing
> > editor types.  Wish you'd consider it; the mag is fun but
> > shallow, and you'd cure that in an instant.
>
> Dan,
> You are making the assumption that the Magazine will pay him for his work.  I
> purchased a two year subscription, got 3 issues and they stopped coming.  I
> called & the person at the Mag said they would make sure I got my magazines &
> provide the back issues I missed.  Still nothing.  A second call got me
> nothing.  No magazines, no refund.  I gave up on them as a badly run company
> that might be on financially shakey grounds.  That was about two years ago.
>
> Ex-customer, still unhappy

Sorry about your experience with "British Car" magazine, TeriAnn.  I just
want to add another data-point that I've been completely happy with the
subscription service.  Also, I've ordered the "British Car" magazine's
t-shirts with no problem either.

Good idea on Scott writing for British Cars, BTW, Dan.  Loved the piece
on "Civis Romanus Sum" (and its translation according to Mister Dead
Language Person :-)

        Carpe Diem
        - Garry ("quot homines, tot sententiae")