Re: Lucas lives again

To: sanders@hydra.unm.edu
Subject: Re: Lucas lives again
From: phile@stpaul.gov (Philip J Ethier)
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 1993 12:21:01 -0600 (CST)
sanders@hydra.unm.edu writes >
> Strange thing is that it acted like a short associated with the lights, the
> turning on of which immediately killed the engine after a jump start. I

This has happened to me.  The problem is that the battery is just barely
able to run the ignition.  The load of the lights drags the voltage of the
battery down to where the ignition won't do the job.

Put in the new DieHard and run it.  Bet your alternator is not doing the
job.  You can get by with daily chargings with a battery charger, but you
will have to track down the glitch in the charging system.  I'm going
through this with the Lotus now.