Alpine transmission interchange

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Alpine transmission interchange
From: John Adams <John_Adams@rand.org>
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 93 02:09:07 PDT
I was spending a little "quality time" with the local all want add newspaper
seeing if there was anything that I didn't know that I couldn't live without.
I ran across a tranny from a series V Alpine for $100. It occured to me that
one of the tarps in the back yard has a Series IV Alpine under it. I think the
only thing wrong with it is a bad tranny. Arguably this tranny was bad on its
birthday since it is the rare and despised automatic. Does anybody know if a
series V manual is an easy swap for a series IV automatic?