MGA Diff nedded.

To: BRITISH CARS <british-cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: MGA Diff nedded.
From: John Ross <73003.1153@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 22 Sep 93 12:49:27 EDT
Hey
     Does any one know where I can get a third member for an MGA?
I've been using the MGA axle in my '65 MGB to get the 4.3 to 1
ratio and more acceleration. The only change was to replace the
side gears with MGB side gears to match the axle shafts.  Any way
I was driving at the local autocross on sunday and heard a loud
ticking sound then a bang.  It seems the nut that held the flange
to the pinion gear came lose and the pinion slid in to the
differential carrier shattering the housing, the ring gear, the
pinion, and majorly messing up the differential carrier.  Well
when I took the whole thing apart I found the nut and a flat
washer between the axle flange and the drive shaft flange.  The
shop and parts manuals show a "lock washer, and nut" on the
flange.  Unfortunately the pinion shaft was the only part of the
rear axle I had not disassembled and checked out or replaced.
So If any one has a drop in section for a banjo axle they would
like to sell or can steer me in the right direction I would
appreciate it.

                         thanks

                         John Ross