Re: Overheating

To: lupienj@wal.hp.com
Subject: Re: Overheating
From: mburdick@unmc.edu (Mike Burdick)
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 93 14:15:37 CDT
   > > that with out a termostat the water was going through the radiator
   > > so fast it didn't have time to cool. OI put in a termostat
   > > and the water slowed down, the cooling workd ad advertised.
   >
   > This is what I would call an "invented rationalization".
   > There is no way that more coolant flow will give less cooling.
   > It is a thermodynamic impossibility. Much more likely is that

Isn't it possible that the coolant could leave the radiator before much
of the heat it contained was transfered to the air flowing through the
radiator?  Since air doesn't absorb heat very well, it seems possible
that this could happen.  How long does it take a quanta of water to move
through a radiator?

Mike
mburdick@unmc.edu