Spit Seat question

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Spit Seat question
From: drabik@solaris.gatech.edu (Timothy J. Drabik)
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 93 09:09:13 EDT
Dear fellow SOLs,

        I had my Spitfire seats recovered (in black leather!) and am now
reassembling them meticulously to the sliding frame.  As Spit owners know,
the seats pivot at the front to move forward and upward to allow carpet cleaning
and facilitate seat removal.  There is a catch that must be released in the
back to permit this operation.  Also, there is a little metal peg called
a STRIKER LOCATING PEG that resides on the sliding frame and pokes upward
into the metal base of the seat.  What puzzles me is that, while there is
a hole in the seat base in the right place for this peg, it is much larger
than the peg and would do nothing to constrain lateral movement of the seat
on the sliding frame, as one would expect it to do.

IS THERE SOME SORT OF INSERT MISSING FROM THE SEAT BASE, THAT WOULD BE A SNUG
FIT AROUND THIS PEG?  If not, I guess I'll have to make one.  I'm thinking
that maybe either I or the upholstery shop lost something.

        Regards,
        Tim