MGA Wax

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: MGA Wax
From: jerry@tr2.com
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 1993 08:06:18 +0000 (GMT)
Scott Fisher writes:
>So Jerry, how old is the A's paint job again?  You may just want to
>use a liquid wax (no polish, no paste) to cover the top layer of the
>paint while it cures.  Worry about super protection later.

 *** The paint should be completely and utterly cured.  The
respray happened at least eight months ago.  The car's been
sitting in my garage ever since.  I couldn't get to it because
of my house addition work.  About a month ago, I got the car
together enough to drive it,  and discovered that I had to
pull the engine again.  So another month got added to the
cure time.

   The paint is polyurethane enamel.  Its hard as
nails.  I dropped a full-sized pair of visegrips on it
(OH SH*T!) and could find no scratch.

   So  it's paste-wax time.  Baby's first wax, a father's heart
could break :-).
                                  - Jerry
--
* Jerry Kaidor       jerry@tr2.com, jkaidor@synoptics.com     *
*                    KF6VB                                    *