Bonnet insulation

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Bonnet insulation
From: ajw@hlwpd.att.com
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 93 19:06 EDT
Hello, I've just purchased my first LBC. A 1972 BRG MGB.
I will probably use it for the rest of the summer and fall
of this year before tearing into it.

So far its needed an A-arm, bushings, a shock, and tires
to be roadworthy. Other than that its in pretty good shape.

One problem is under the hood. There seems to be a ratty
blanket of insulation half glued, half falling off the hood.
Some say rip it off. Some say leave it. Does it serve a purpose?
Other than getting crap in the air filters. I will probably
replace it at some point, but for now, does it go or stay?

Thanks,

                                        Andrew J. West
                                        ...!att!hlwpd!ajw
                                        a.west@att.com