Re: reliability of lbc's

To: SOL <british-cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: reliability of lbc's
From: Stan Fickes <72762.11@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 06 Aug 93 14:07:56 EDT
Roger S Peng said:

>Damn British cars! why can't they make them more reliable? I don't mind
>if a car breaks down once a month, but my experience is that British cars
>always have something wrong with them, even if you rebuild the whole car!
>Even normally reliable American parts, once you put it into a British
>car, it's going to start acting up!

>Maybe the Brits and the Japanese should get together; have the Brits
>design the car, then have the Japanese build it. How many of you would
>like to own a Triumph TR8 or a Jag XJ6 that requires no repair?

I commute in my Sprite (110 miles/week), and have been for the last 3 years.
She has missed one week, due to a loose battery connection and the time to
track it down.  Yes, other problems have arisen, but she always gets me home,
and I always care for her in return.  On the other hand, a friend who drives a
Volvo (and takes it to a mechanic) has had to ride with me three times in the
last year due to various failures.  lbc's not reliable?  I wouldn't say that.
Just drive it and work on it!  And I would bloody well not own a rice burner,
no matter who designed it!  I want a car with personality that I can work on,
not the same old thing that everyone else is driving...
  Stan