RE: Stromberg's

To: british-cars@autox.team.net, staylor@BBN.COM
Subject: RE: Stromberg's
From: "GERONIMO, SC9-32, 765-4903, PAGE 231-6612" <GENDIMEN@T12SYS.intel.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 93 07:32:27 PDT
>the LBC note, I shipped out a set of Z-S carbs to Apple HydraulicsI
>should have them back in about a week and a half.  I'll let y'all know
>how they turned out.

>Mike,

>Last month you sent out this note - but I never heard how your carbs
>did.  Were you happy with Apple's work?  How much did it cost?

I got them back and they've been installed, but I haven't started the car yet.
Except for the temp compensator covers, they look brand new.  They installed
new needles and jets, rebuilt the temp compensators and bypass valves,
installed Grose Jet valves and re-bush and replace throttle shafts.  They
used the standard needles since I have to get it smogged, but also supplied an
extra set of earlier, non-smog needles for better performance.  The needles are
usually $15ea, but they threw them in for free.  They make their own needles
and jets, since many are no longer available.  The cost was $299 for the pair.
I know this has gone up to $375, though, as of July 1st. They also rebuild
lever shocks, kingpins, control arms and heads and sleeve master/slave/wheel
cylinders.  They will also just rebush and replace throttle shafts at $45/carb.
They have a small catalog, call (800)882-7753 to get one.

Mike