1975 Midget with carb problems

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: 1975 Midget with carb problems
From: j4loucks@student.business.uwo.ca (John Loucks)
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 93 13:17:12 EST
Hi folks,

I'm a newbie so I apologize if this issue has been addressed before.

I'm having a serious problem with my Zenith-Stromberg Carb. Fuel is
accumulating in the hose leading from the top/rear outlet to the carbon
filtering cartridge. In fact, I have had the car choke due to too much fuel in
the hose. I cut a hole in the top of the hose and that stopped the stalling
but I am using enormous amounts of fuel. I am sure this is in part due to the
fuel running out of the bottom vent in the carbon filter! (Not a healthy
situation to say the least)

In addition, someone has plugged the hose leading from the top of the carb
nearest the engine. What should this be attached to? I have ordered a shop
manual but have not received it yet so your advice would be appreciated. Do I
need Grose jets?

Finally, I can hear a vacuum leak but I can't find a hole in any vaccum hoses
and the connections are tight. Any suggestions where I should look?

Thanks,
John

@@  John A. Loucks        @@ If you go for a job interview,                @@
@@  (519) 432-6691        @@    do you ask if they prosecute?              @@