TR6 gas tanks and crud

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: TR6 gas tanks and crud
From: jesup@cbmvax.cbm.commodore.com (Randell Jesup)
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 93 13:47:19 -0400
        Well, for the second time in about a month or so I've managed to clog
my fuel filter in my TR6.  It's quite predictable: get down to a gallon or
two left in the tank, and it clogs.  (This time I thought I'd run out of gas,
but I was wrong - it appeared to be crud in the filter, since when I added
a gallon I was barely able to limp it home 2 miles, in fits and starts.

        It may be that this time I really did run out of gas, and in the
process of running out and pouring a new gallon in I stirred it up enough to
clog the filter.

        In any case, I think the tank needs a cleaning, or I need stock in
a fuel filter maker.  Anyone ever done this in a '6?  Can I get away with just
draining it in place?  _Can_ I drain it in place?

        Randell Jesup, '70 TR6