Re: Greasing U-joints

To: british-cars@hoosier.cs.utah.edu
Subject: Re: Greasing U-joints
From: Dustin Kassman <dhk@hpcvusc.cv.hp.com>
Date: Wed, 09 Dec 92 14:31:22 -0800

Charles Crenner askes:

>The nice thing is that all of the U-joints they sell for the B have
>grease nipples on them instead of the "sealed for death" variety.
>Unfortunately, I can never seem to get a grease gun on mine, even if the
>car is up on a rack.  Any suggestions?

I use a "needle" attachment for my grease gun which allows me to reach
into the grease nipple on the U-joint.  You should be able to pick one
up at any parts store.

         +------ grease gun snaps on this end
         _
        ( )
        | |
       /   \
       |   |
       |   |
        \ /
         - <--- pointed end goes into grease nipple (Hold it in tight.)

                                Dustin Kassman
                                dhk@cv.hp.com
                                Tinker's Damn
                                '71 MGB-GT