Ok, so I probably deserve it

To: british-cars@hoosier.cs.utah.edu
Subject: Ok, so I probably deserve it
From: T.J. Noto <noto@twg.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 1992 08:50:53 -0800
Yeah, yeah. . .I guess I should have seen the sparks coming when I posted the
news of my new ride. . .BUT!. . my point was the sad state of contemporary
British machinery (they're not the only ones, my ex-girlfriends 86 Alfa Romeo
Spyder is on its second cylinder head in 9 months due to porosity, coolant
leaking right thru the head) I don't believe in trying to restore cars while
continuing to drive them everyday and if you submit that I should just buy
another LBC I will quickly point out many examples of folks with more cars
than they know what to do with.  .and none of them ever reaching "good example"
status.  I prefer to spend evenings working rather than sworking now that I
won't be dependent upon my LBC to get me to work in the morning-spending more
"quality time" with her-and doing a more thorough job in fixing her ailments.
Given my plans for a new o/d tranny and fresh coat of paint it is a damn good
thing I bought the knottsie go-cart 'cause she will surely be in dry docks for
some time when that project rolls around.  So-I'll drive her on the weekends
and not sweat in the summer and freeze in the winter.  And I'll think fondly of
the LBC that lasted me though 3 years of college, two girlfriends, three moves,
and a lot of trouble-free, inspiring miles.  I Love her and don't need to
prove or justify my love (although it seems that is exactly what I'm trying to
do, but so what) for her and all of her ilk.
Safety Fast!
later
teej
--
TJ Noto                 66 MGB  69 Triumph TR6R

The Wollongong Group
1129 San Antonio Rd Palo Alto CA
415 962-7172
"Once again Yankee ingenuity Triumphs over British craftsmanship"