List of 1969 Car Ads and Specs Available

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: List of 1969 Car Ads and Specs Available
From: "Andrew C. Green" <acg@hermes.dlogics.com>
Date: Mon, 09 Nov 1992 11:26:29 CST
Contrary to what I posted previously, it seems that not every marque was
at the 1969 Chicago Auto Show, as the first request I received was for
Lotus, which didn't display there that year. Sorry about that. Here's
the list of what I DO have:

        Alfa Romeo, American Motors/Rambler, Austin & MG, BMW, Buick,
        Cadillac, Checker, Chevrolet, Chevrolet Trucks, Chrysler,
        Citroen, Datsun, Dodge, Dodge Trucks, Ferrari, Fiat, Ford,
        Ford Trucks, Ford's Cortina, Honda, Imperial, International
        Harvester, Jaguar, Kaiser Jeep, Lincoln Continental, Maserati,
        Mercedes Benz, Mercury, NSU, Oldsmobile, Opel, Plymouth, Pontiac,
        Porsche, Renault, Rover, SAAB, Simca, Subaru, Sunbeam, Toyota,
        Triumph, Volkswagen, Volvo

It's safe to say (here I go again...) that specs are shown for all models
in each marque, particularly for the LBCs. There's an especially interesting
ad for the Rover 2000 offering a special $1200 option: they'll sell you a
second set of body panels in a different color:

        "You might like a dark set for winter and a bold bright set for the
        summertime. Or you might like a set for every season. It depends on
        the size of your pocket and your ability to get bored easily.

        "However, one [additional] set is a good deal cheaper than buying a
        second car; it keeps neighbors in agonies of curiosity, relieves
        mild cases of boredom and, in effect, gives you two cars."

Wonder if anyone ever ordered that...

                                                Andy

Andrew C. Green
Datalogics, Inc.      Internet: acg@dlogics.com
441 W. Huron          UUCP: ..!uunet!dlogics!acg
Chicago, IL  60610    FAX: (312) 266-4473