Thermostat

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Thermostat
From: sabbott@NMSU.Edu
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 92 15:43:27 MDT
Dennis Wilson was staying with me a few weeks ago and
he said his spitfire racing book recommends leaving the
thermostat on but welding it open.  The car is supposed to
run cooler because it stays in the radiator longer.

I am ever concerned about the TR7 running hot(although the seasons
are changing it is still pretty hot here in Las Cruces).  Do you
all agree with this??

BTW I told someone that my TR7 was a daily driver, he said with
an awed look: "Then it is possible..."

--
"when marriage is outlawed, only outlaws will have in-laws"  -R.A. Wilson