RE: More adventures in chemistry

To: coryc@sequent.com, british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: More adventures in chemistry
From: DANIELS@LMSBV2.TAMU.EDU (Lee M. Daniels, Texas A&M)
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 1992 14:36:09 -0500 (CDT)
From: Cory Carpenter <coryc@sequent.com>
>What do you use to clean oil stains off the garage floor?

The best answer I have found is *not* a chemical one, but rather physical.
You can buy stuff like "Sorbs-All" and the like, but the absolute best
thing I have found is the cheapest, Wal-Mart brand Kitty Litter you can
find (it's all the same stuff). It can be sprinkled on "wet" oil and it
will soak it all up in a hurry.  On oil-stains in the concrete you just do
this: sprinkle a layer over the stain, then take a small square of 2X4
(mine's approx 4 x 4 x 2 in.) and grind the stuff right into the pores of
the concrete.  You can then just sweep or vacuum up the dust, and you'll
have a nice white concrete again!  This is how I cleaned up my garage floor
before I painted it a couple of years ago.  Still looks great.  Meow.

Lee M. Daniels - Laboratory for Molecular Structure and Bonding - Texas A&M
   daniels@lmsbvx.tamu.edu  |  DANIELS@TAMLMSB.BITNET  |  (409) 845-3726