Re: New MGB roadster

To: jeffreys_m_j@bt-web.bt.co.uk, british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: New MGB roadster
From: sggy@crux2.cit.cornell.edu (Roger Garnett)
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 1992 11:03:32 -0400
jeffreys_m_j@bt-web.bt.co.uk scribed:
 Subject: New MGB roadster

> I have just read in FAST CAR that the new MGBV8 roadster will not be
> available in the US due to safety and emission problems. Is this the death
> of the project?

Certainly not- Rover has never said they intended to sell this
overpriced retro-car in the US. They have also stated that they
think they have enough UK buyers to suck up the limited production.
(Not that they might not mind selling some here)
Now, the 2 new designs on the boards are a different story...

   ________
  /     _  \        Roger Garnett             (Roger_Garnett@cornell.edu)
 /   /||  \ \       Agricultural Economics   |
| |\/ ||  _  |      3 Warren Hall            | "The South Lansing Centre
| |   ||   | |      Cornell University       |  For Wayward Sports Cars"
 \    ||__/ /       Ithaca, N.Y. 14853-7801  | (607) 533-7735
  \________/        (607) 255-2522           | Safety Fast!