Leaning midgets

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Leaning midgets
From: Dean_Zywicki%NIHDCRT.BITNET@CU.NIH.GOV
Date: Fri, 02 Oct 92 10:57:19 EDT
|Date: 10-2-92  10:55am
|From: Dean Zywicki:dcrt:nih
|  To: {british-cars@autox.team.net}:INTERNET
|Subj: Leaning midgets
   Yesterday when I got home, I jacked up the front of the car and layed
underneath it for a half hour or so.  I noticed a few things, the coil
spring on the passenger side was bending while the one on the drivers
side was straight.  I also noticed that the bolts which attach the A-arm
to the frame were not located right on the passengers side.  The round
hooked washers were out of their locating holes.  So, I loosened the
nuts and jacked under the pan and put the washer things in the the
holes.  When I lowered the car, the lean was gone.  I was amazed that
such a small thing could cause such a huge problem.  So, now I can think
about tires again.

     Dean