RE: Judson Supercharger

To: british-cars@autox.team.net, phile@pwcs.stpaul.gov
Subject: RE: Judson Supercharger
From: "Daren Stone, D2 Mfg. Engr. C5/6, 5-9521" <DSTONE@SC9.intel.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 92 13:28:27 PDT
I wrote>

>a Judson blower for an A-Series motor.

>I figure to get about 2 city
>blocks out of my existing driveline components before I
>find out which one's the weak link ;-)

And Phil replied >>No contest.  Halfshafts.
     >Hmmm. I figured either that wimpy little crank or the
     1st gear that already howls .....

>>But the bigger question is:  Did you build the ENGINE to take it.  You can't
>>hurt the bottom end of a normally aspirated Spridget with stock size valves.
>>But with a supercharger...

     >Nahhhh. I figure I've gotten the goody out of a $200
     engine I've done 4 La Carreras' with ! Toss on the
     blower with an underdrive pulley, make sure it gets
     enough oil & DRIVE !
          The Clymer manual I was reading last night goes
     thru the installation on a completely stock 948. Hp
     goes from 43 to 61, and the 0-60 times drop from 21
     sec. to 12 ! Curious to see what it'll do to a 1275.
     And if it blows, so what, I've got 2 948s just waiting
     to be rebuilt.I will wait to put it on however, until
     after the Sprite-Mini Challenge is over. Despite it
     being a period mod, I'm not quite sure what they'd
     think of it.

          cheers-
                 dstone@sc9.intel.com