Re: OD switch

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: OD switch
From: DANIELS@LMSBV2.TAMU.EDU (Lee M. Daniels, Texas A&M)
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 1992 8:52:25 -0500 (CDT)
From: ian@Centric.COM (Ian Macky)
>Hey, those of you with OD TR6's, does the stalk of the switch angle in
>toward the driver?  Mine does, too much, so that it ends up only an inch
>or so away from the turn signal stalk.  Real easy to hit by accident.
>Messes with my driving style.

Yep, mine too.  Not only does it angle toward the driver quite a bit, but
it's also *longer* than the turn signal. When I took my test drive before
buying the TR6, I was flipping the OD switch to try to signal, and the PO
had to tell me "I think you just engaged the overdrive."  It's certainly no
worse that having the switch on top of the shift knob, but there should be
better alternatives.

Lee M. Daniels - Laboratory for Molecular Structure and Bonding - Texas A&M
   daniels@lmsbvx.tamu.edu  |  DANIELS@TAMLMSB.BITNET  |  (409) 845-3726