Re: heater removal

To: British Cars <british-cars@autox.team.net>, T.J. Noto <noto@twg.com>
Subject: Re: heater removal
From: sggy@crux2.cit.cornell.edu (Roger Garnett)
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 1992 08:13:10 -0400
T.J. Noto scribed:

> BTW-anyone know how to remove the heater element from a 66 B?

If I remember rightly...

You have to disconnect the vent ducting & cables under the dash,
that's the worst part. (The knobs come off by poking a skinny object
into a little button in the side of knob, if they need to come off)
You then unbolt the unit from the engine area, pull the water lines,
and pull it up. This also gives an excellent chance to ensure proper
flapper door operation, renew old seals & repaint. It may also be
time to search for a better blower (core too???) from some Japaneese car.
Hide it all under a new Smiths sticker, and no-one will suspect,
unless you give them a ride and they wonder why it's warm...

Noisy blower fan award: The heater/AC fan on my Alfa GTV6 was
loud! Really overpowered the Alfa engine growl in a basicly quiet
passenger compartment.
   ________
  /___  _  \        Roger Garnett              (Roger_Garnett@cornell.edu)
 /|   ||  \ \       Agricultural Economics   | "The South Lansing Centre
| |___||  _  |      3 Warren Hall            |  For Wayward Sports Cars"
| | \  |   | |      Cornell University       | (Lansing, NY)
 \|  \ |__/ /       Ithaca, N.Y. 14853-7801  | (607) 533-7735
  \________/        (607) 255-2522           | Safety Fast!