Weeping core plug's (how to fix?)

To: british-cars@hoosier.cs.utah.edu
Subject: Weeping core plug's (how to fix?)
From: scott@psy.uwa.edu.au (Scott Fisher)
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 92 10:49:44 WST
Greetings..looks like week #4 with my Jag will be even more fun than the
first 3 :-)

What tips can anyone give me for replacing "core plugs"?  I have found a
weeping (quietly hissing) one in the head of my XJ6(4.2) nestled between the
twin exhaust manifolds.   I have never removed/fitted a core plug but
I gather it's a simple/quick job when you have clear access to the plug?

It would be a cheap job to get a mechanic to fix, but looking after the
car is now my hobby and I want to learn to do it myself.

Thanks in advance

Scott #2 Fisher.
Scott Fisher [scott@psy.uwa.oz.au]  PH: Aus [61] Perth (09) Local (380 3272).

Department of Psychology                                    /      \    W + E
University of Western Australia.                 Perth -->  *_.--._/      S
Nedlands, 6009.  PERTH, W.A.                                      v

Joy is a Jaguar XJ-6 with a flat battery, a blown oil seal and an unsympathetic
wife, 9km outside of a small remote town, 3:15am on a cold wet winters morning.