Range Rover Info?

To: british-cars@hoosier.cs.utah.edu
Subject: Range Rover Info?
From: AUIDCC%AUDUCVAX.BITNET@CC.UTAH.EDU
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 92 08:32 CDT
I have been looking for a 1987-89 Jeep Cherokee or something similar.
Sunday I saw an '87 Range Rover at a Ford dealer 200 miles from here.
It looked to be in very good condition.  I couldn't read the milage.

I don't know anything about the Range Rover.  How does it compare with
the Cherokee in terms of interior size, handling, towing capacity,
fuel economy, etc.  Is '87 a "good year" or one to avoid?  What options
are good or bad?  What's a reasonable price for it, assuming average
milage?

The closest Rover dealer is 110 miles.  Would service and parts availability
be a problem.

Thanks for any information.

Steve