Bay Area trivia

To: british-cars@hoosier.cs.utah.edu
Subject: Bay Area trivia
From: dbraun@cadev6.intel.com (Doug Braun ~)
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 1992 15:54:36 -0700

First of all:  What/Who won the awards at last Sunday's get-together
at Palo Alto?  Did they have a "most unusual" award again?  It would
be ironic if two different hopped-up Morris Minors won this in a row...

Second:  I was in the Economy Imports store in Santa Clara (El Camino and
Scott),
and I noticed they had real good proces on downdraft Weber kits for several
cars.
For example, a kit (carb, manifold, and hardware) for a Spit 1500 was $189.95.
They also had one for an MGB and for various non-Brit cars.

Third: I am about to install headers on my Spit, and I was wondering if anyone
could recommend a good place to get various exhaust bits made (e.g. sections
of pipe bent to shape, flanges welded on).  I would like to make a nice
installation
that does not fall apart, and does not have to be destroyed to be taken apart
at some future date.

Fourthly:  A guy mentioned to me he has a '79 Spit for sale:

        79 Triumph Spitfire
        Hard Top  Overdrive
        Make Offer

        Pete (408) 294-9339

Don't know the person, have never seen the car.

Tally Ho,

 Doug Braun                         Intel Design Technology
                                    408 765-4279

 dbraun@scdt.intel.com

 or maybe:

  / decwrl \
  | hplabs |
 -| oliveb |- !intelca!mipos3!cadev6!dbraun
  | amd    |
  \ qantel /