Re: Re: knock-off hammers, curs

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Re: knock-off hammers, curs
From: robbp@healey_haven.esd.sgi.com (Robb Pryor)
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 1992 11:59:33 -0700
On Sep 17,  1:37pm, Roger Garnett wrote:
> Subject: Re: Re: knock-off hammers, curs
>
> A lead hammer is preffered, as it is softest and will mar the KO less.
> A lead hammer should last for years- A couple of mine have taken some
> pretty severe abuse, and are still working fine.

You can even make your own.  My father has had molds for lead hammer heads of
a couple of sizes for years now.  After a couple of years use on knock-offs,
the hammer head resembles one of those large ciruclar candles whose sides peal
off.  The lead is re-melted and re-cast and we now have a new lead hammer.

BTW, out of curiosity, between brass and copper, which is softer?

--
_____________               _____________   Robb Pryor, Silicon Graphics,