RE: Wheels of Fortune

To: cobra@cdc.hp.com, british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Wheels of Fortune
From: DANIELS@LMSBV2.TAMU.EDU (Lee M. Daniels, Texas A&M)
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 1992 9:00:01 -0500 (CDT)
Roland, take a look at what you just wrote:

[...notes about rebuilt wire wheels and new tires...]
>I was very apprehensive about how much all this was going to cost.
>[...]
>No, not cheap by any means,
>[...]
>"How much is it worth approximately. Wow, that much.""

Do you have any idea how many people would sacrifice their savings to own
what you do?   Even one in less-than-concours condition?  Sure, I know that
doesn't make the financial burden on you any less, but think of it this
way:  You could spend several thousand on this baby, and if it ever came to
it (heaven forbid), you could bail out and come out waaaayyyy ahead.

I guess I'm just jealous.  I don't have that luxury; it may be a long time,
or never, before my Triumph is worth what it's costing me to restore it.

Lee M. Daniels - Laboratory for Molecular Structure and Bonding - Texas A&M
   daniels@lmsbvx.tamu.edu  |  DANIELS@TAMLMSB.BITNET  |  (409) 845-3726