American powered LBCs @ Palo Alto

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: American powered LBCs @ Palo Alto
From: "Daren Stone, D2 Mfg. Engr. C5/6, 5-9521" <DSTONE@SC9.intel.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 92 10:44:24 PDT
     Roland excerpted from my original post;

>           Except about the big-block TR6. 396, auto,
>      narrowed rearend, wheel tubs, & slicks. $3500. It's
>      what I need to get to work. Say no more.

     And then Roland replied;

You didn't mention the Morris Minor with the big blown V8!
Well, the stock Morris was a tad under powered.

     >>Okay, from memory, there was;

     -The above-mentioned 396 powered TR6. (I want it)
     -A 350/4spd, narrowed 'vette rearend Spitfire that's
      very clean and always there.
     -The worst looking Bugeye I've seen in awhile, fitted
     with a Ford straight 6/3spd. manual. Never completed,
     it was jacked up in the back with huge slot mags, and
     was for sale. Apparently he got $400 at the end of the
     day, which was a questionable deal.
     -The above-mentioned Minor 1000. Complete w/tube frame,
     4-wheel discs, and *twin* turbo small block something,
     it was of show quality. Flawless black, Weld wheels
     with fatties, but not jacked up or tubbed, it was a
     tidy little rocket.
     -I was told there was some sort of V8-powered station
     wagon or sedan, but I didn't see it.

     Usually there, but not this year;

     -ratty V6, fuel-injected Bugeye.
     -Blown, tubbed Minor 1000, with the plate "MNR PRBM".
     -V6 TR6. Dick Nyquist mentioned this car being a very
     well put together, & very fast auto-xer. Not there this
     year.

          Would it be called a TR396 ? ....

                                        dstone