Re: LEFT OFF

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: LEFT OFF
From: lye@elegans.wustl.edu (John Lye)
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 92 16:57:30 CDT
Roland asks:
->                                                              Is it
->possible to interchange the hubs?

It sure is.  Several years ago, when I was corner working VIntage races,
I watched a TR-3 based Devin lose both wheels on the right side of the
car as it slowed for a turn.  While restoring the car, the owners
forgot which side the hubs went on and ended up guessing wrong.  The
hubs are simply held on by the normal (though usually shortened) wheel
studs, which, of course, are symmetrical from one side to the other.

John

ps.  We had a very embarassed driver to deal with on the corner for
the rest of the race group.