Re: Re: What is LEFT OFF SIDE

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Re: What is LEFT OFF SIDE
From: "Andrew C. Green" <acg@hermes.dlogics.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1992 16:42:48 CDT
Roland (cobra@cdc.hp.com) writes:
> ...since then I have had an unsettling thought (at least for Zahid). Is it
> possible to interchange the hubs?  Perhaps some PO did (or had) work
> done on the rear diff/axle assembly and it was put together incorrectly.
> If the hubs are interchanged then torque would tend to loosen the
> knock-offs.

Agreed. Zahid, you should find that both knockoffs on the left side are
labeled "Left", and of course the right side ones are both labeled "Right".
If the REAR hub on either side of the car is not threaded in the same dir-
ection as the FRONT hub on the same side, the rear axle hubs must have been
put back on the wrong sides. Roland, can we assume that the front hubs are
not interchangeable, so the fronts MUST be correct, but the backs MIGHT be
wrong?

-- Andy