Looking for Parts/Wheels

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Looking for Parts/Wheels
From: tlp30@duts.ccc.amdahl.com (Tim Pettenati)
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 92 16:53 PDT
To the U.K. members:
 A friend will be crossing the pond in the near future in search of Jensen
Healey parts.  If any of you know of a wrecking yard that specializes in J-H
parts or may have a few J-H parts lying around, please let me know. It would
be best to direct your replies to me as not to clutter the list.
Some of the most sought after items are; Dell'orto carbs/manifold setup which
was only available on European models,  Left side rubber floor mat (drivers
side mat is always worn through on US cars), pre 74 1/2 metal bumpers.
That's only a few of the parts that are unavailable, or incredibly expensive.
I'm sure I can think of more.

To all members:
I am looking to upgrade the wheels on my J-H.  I would like to change from the
stock 13" rims to 14" or 15" rims.  The bolt pattern is 4 X 4".  Do you know
of any other car that would have a 14" or 15" rim in a 4 X 4" pattern?
I don't know the offset and I'm really not sure how to measure it, but
don't think it is that important as long as the wheels come off a rear drive
car.  Panasport will build me a set for about $200 each.  I'm looking
for something a little less expensive. I've heard that minilite is back in
business or someone is building "minilite" style wheels for $99 each.  Has
anyone else heard this rumor?  Any other company that can supply or build
unusual size wheels for $150 or less? I'll probably end up with the
panasports if all else fails.  The J-H always runs so much better after a
large infusion of $$$$$$ ;-)