RE:Weber Help (Again:-)

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: RE:Weber Help (Again:-)
From: zahid@serval.sps.mot.com (Zahid Ahsanullah)
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 92 09:59:45 CDT
Robert Jones describes his mgb weber problem:
>I disconnected the
>carb from the manifold to see what happened with the fuel pump running,
>but the carb off.  Sure enough I found a dribble of gas dripping out
>of the back of the carb where it attaches to the manifold

If the same setup was working before then your floats must have taken
in fuel, otherwise lower the float. Check to see if the fuel is dribbling
from the primary circuit or the secondary. There is a small hole right
where the jet rests, this is the primary circuit. It comes into action
when running less than 2300 rpm. The secondary is further down the wall.
The secondary comes on on higher manifold vacuum ie. above 2300 rpm. If the
secondary is dribbling at low rpm then adjust the float to cut off earlier.
The weight of the fuel in the float chamber determines the richness of
the mixture. If this does not change anything then the valve needle/seat
may be worn. Lastly the fuel pump may be the culprit, the pressure should be
around 4psi.
There is also a power valve in the carb. that squirts fuel when you
kickdown on the accelerator. This is to aid in keeping proper fuel
mixture at these odd conditions. Seems yours are working okay.

Best Wishes
Zahid