Esses V6

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: Esses V6
From: gerry@probe.att.com
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 92 13:05 EDT
RE: Ford 3.0L V6 ESSEX.

> has anyone tried buying parts for this car? boy!! they
> are outrageously expensive. Anyone know of any overseas
> suppliers that are reliable and carry good quality stuff?

My Scimitar has this engine, and I have ALL of my engine parts sent over
from the UK. I do not know of any US suppliers and I find the parts cheap
in the UK (although with the current exchange rate, this may be different).
Several years ago I hade a rebuilt crankshaft and bearings sent over for
less than the price it would have taken to have it rebuilt in New Jersey.
(The post man however was not very happy !!!!!!).
Similar with camshaft and bearings, water pump, hoses, etc etc.

So i can't agree that parts are expensive.

> The 3.0 V6 was used by TVR in the 3000S, and it is my understanding as
> well that it was not brought to the US (by Ford). My friend that has
> one tells me that stuff is hard to get for it here in the States, and
> expensive, I think he said that a waterpump cost over $100.

I have seen plenty of TVR's with the Essex engine in the USA. Go
to any TVR show and you will see them.

Gerry