Re: Cobra Schematic

To: phile@pwcs.stpaul.gov
Subject: Re: Cobra Schematic
From: Roland Dudley <cobra@cdc.hp.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 92 11:55:20 pdt
> From: phile@pwcs.stpaul.gov (Philip J Ethier)
> Subject: Cobra Schematic
> To: cobra@snakebyte.cdc.hp.com
> Date: Tue, 11 Aug 92 13:04:57 CDT
> Cc: british-cars@autox.team.net
>
> Roland asks >
>
> >where on earth can I get an electrical schematic for my snake????
>
> AC Cars, Limited?
>
> SAAC club?  Or advertise in their newsletter for someone to copy one for you.
> If they are no longer available, who would the copyright infringement hurt?

Believe me, I've scanned the newsletters and the mags.  Nada.  Amazingly
enough, none was ever "officially" made available to customers.  Some
form of the schematic obviously existed during manufacturing but the
manual that came with new cars didn't include one.  There are a couple
of "sub" schematic showing the wiring of the voltage regulator and
one or two other items but these were for Lucas components that were
only used on a few of the very earliest Mark I Cobras.  Completely
useless for the majority of cars built.  I might give A.C. a try,
but I don't hold out much hope there.  They have lots of stuff for
Aces and other older A.C.'s, but not much for the 289's.  My best
hope is to find someone with a 289 who made their own.

Roland