Re: Fanatic Wheels

To: british-cars@hoosier, cobra@hpcdcsn.cdc.hp.com
Subject: Re: Fanatic Wheels
From: Geronimo x54903 page 951-3432 <GENDIMEN@T12SYS.intel.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 92 07:28:23 PDT
>wheels redone, it's probably not that big of a deal.  As to potential
>damage, guess I'd just risk it.  Maybe I could get some touch-up paint
>from BWW.  Have any of you seen wheels with this finish?  If you have,
>I'd be interested in your comments.

Don't know what this finish is (how 'bout calling BWW and asking?) but I had my
wheels painted with a urethane finish at an industrial painting shop and there
are no noticeable nicks after three years of daily driving.

>using BF Goodrich T/A's.  These are good tires and apparently a much
>better buy than Good Years.  Phil Ethier suggested T/A Comps but I'm a
>little concerned about using tires with a road racing compound since

I'd vote for the Comp T/A's too.  I've tried a bunch of different brands on our
BMW which was driven regularly over Highway 9 (which munches tires and brakes
pretty quick) and the Comp T/A's held up the best.  The Goodyears were pretty
good, but the BFG's are much less expensive.   Firestone's seemed to be the
crappiest and are very expensive.  I used to work at a Firestone store and
still never liked them.  BTW, either Speed Merchant or Super Shops seem to have
the best prices on BFG's.

Mike G.