Re: MeadowBrook HistoricsatWaterfordHills

To: akgua!att!dcmdc.dla.mil!xgg2356 (James Fuerstenberg), sol@hoosier
Subject: Re: MeadowBrook HistoricsatWaterfordHills
From: tdm@akguc.att.com
Date: Mon, 3 Aug 92 13:35 EDT
Speaking of Hood Ornaments ..........
     I went back to Oklahoma this past week to visit relatives. I went into
a JUNK store in Miami, Oklahoma (population approx. 12k to 15k) and after king
at endless amounts of glass and trash with my wife, I asked the owner
if he happened to have any old automobile radiator caps.  He replied, "I
just have an old Rolls Royce one." !!!!!  I am missing the flying B on
my Bentley primarily because they cost $450. I asked him if he would
like to sell it and he said that he would have to check with his wife
because she had it. (??!!?!) (Is she wearing it around her neck or has
she mounted it on the stove?) That night she called me just as we were removing
food from the charcoal grill.  She said she would take $70 for it.......
(Maybe she has only the cap and not the 8" Flying Lady attached to it)
My wife even got excited and went with me. When I got there she had
this beautiful German Silver Flying Lady.  Wow ! I have been looking for
one of these for a l-o-n-g time.  Now maybe I can trade this for the
Flying B.  (Maybe I can just keep this and keep looking for a Flying B!!)

(with apologies to Teriann on the wife's jewelry and cooking. Actually,
the wife could have mounted it on her tractor.)

Don Mathis