Plug question- WARNING - no LBC content !

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Plug question- WARNING - no LBC content !
From: "Daren Stone, D2 IE, 5-9521, bpr:237-2322, RN2-C6" <DSTONE@libra.intel.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 92 17:22:17 PDT
     Ok, here's one that's got me a bit stumped.
          Satan's commute car, aka Shifter Breaker, aka 1972
     Pinto Wagon began missing badly the other day. When I
     pulled the plugs (new 1 mos. ago), I found that three
     were a nice toasty brown, just like the plug diagram
     from the Perfectly Tuned Engine, and one was completely
     corroded, crusty & closed up with black toxic waste.
          Now, what's got me stumped is that if that
     cylinder were pumping oil, I'd think it'd show up in
     the compression. Instead, that cylinder is right up to
     spec. Also, I've had oil burners before (and currently
     still do), but I've never seen such a hard scale
     plaque-like buildup from oil burning. I mean, this was
     enough buildup that it bridged the gap(.034) !!. And with
     the plug cleaned it just purrs like a kitten.

          Any ideas as to what's going on here ?

                    thanks in advance-
                                      dstone@sc9.intel

     ps. And lest anyone chastise me for no LBC content,
     hmmm, let's see- I used to have a Sunbeam with a Pinto
     engine. Connection made :-)