Unipart radiator caps...

To: british-cars@hoosier.cs.utah.edu
Subject: Unipart radiator caps...
From: jtc@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu (James A. TenCate)
Date: Sun, 21 Jun 92 13:17:51 -0500
Two of us on the TR8 sublist have had trouble with Unipart radiator caps
falling apart recently.  We both had Unipart GRC 110 Radiator caps and
they both went on the TR8 overflow bottle.  Both were fairly new (still
shiny) and had been purchased from TRF.  Anyone else had similar problems?
Perhaps it's Unipart quality control?

Another possibility:  The two of us on the 8 list both use Red Line's
Water Wetter.  What about the rest of you that use Water Wetter?  Have
you noticed your radiator caps failing?  Perhaps it's not Unipart at
all but something in the Water Wetter than reacts with something in the cap?

Of course, it COULD be just coincidence too.  That's why I'm asking.

jim