Plunger detent on 1500 midget gearbox

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Plunger detent on 1500 midget gearbox
From: Dean_Zywicki%NIHDCRT.BITNET@CU.NIH.GOV
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 92 13:41:27 EDT
|Date: 6-18-92  1:41pm
|From: Dean Zywicki:dcrt:nih
|  To: {british-cars@autox.team.net}:INTERNET
|Subj: Plunger detent on 1500 midget gearbox
   I found a used plunger detent and spring for the gearbox extension of
my 1500 midget.  The plunger fits width wise, but it seems too tall to
fit at all.  The spring is real stiff too.  Supposedly it came from the
same kind of 'box.  I'll provide an ascii drawing for reference:
                              ------
                              |    |  cap
                               /\  <- plunger
                               | |
          extension housing     X <- spring

    Needless to say, I'm real confused about this and hopefully someone
knows what I'm talking about and what I need to do with it.

Thanks,
     Dean