Re: NEW LOTUS ELAN

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: NEW LOTUS ELAN
From: salil@igor.tamri.com (Salil Saxena)
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 92 10:48:08 -0700
>From: jeffreys_m_j@bt-web.bt.co.uk

>I have just heard on the local news that the new Lotus Elan (a lovely
>looking convertible) has stopped production due to lack of sales.

This is not the case for any Lotus (Loti) bound for the U.S.  Lotus hasn't
made any U.S. spec cars since August 91, due to the lack of demand.

Its a shame that the production line has halted, but for the <1000 of us
in the U.S. who have new Elans, it just makes our cars more valuable/rare.

BTW, what has happend to the other models which Lotus sells (Esprit, Carlton,
etc.).

Salil Saxena            Gotta love those British Roadsters - '91 Lotus Elan SE
Toshiba America MRI, Inc.                       Internet: salil@igor.tamri.com
S. San Francisco, CA  94080                     Phone: (415) 872-2722 x2283
Disclaimer: TAMI has no knowledge of my postings, opinions expressed are mine.