weber DGV questions...

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: weber DGV questions...
From: "Mmmmmm, doughnuts! 16-Jun-1992 1032" <metzger@decwet.ENET.dec.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 92 10:31:50 PDT
Finaly got fed up with the SU's and got a weber DGV (downdraft) conversion kit
for my Midget. Installed it last night (what a piss poor set of instructions)
and I'm very happy with it already. The car finally idles at 800 RPM like it
should and has great throttle response. I do have a couple of questions however.

1.) The current jet setup is too rich. Does anybody know the right jets for a
stock 1275cc A engine? It's a 1973 Midget engine if it makes any difference.
BTW - the weber setup is a 32/36 DGV setup with longflo air filter..

2.) The manual choke setup doesn't seem to have any way to put an external
spring on it. I figured out how to hook up the external spring for the
"universal" throttle wheel but there is no spring for the choke other than the
weak one on the carb. Is there supposed to be one or an I just too used to the
SU's where pulling out the choke required two hands and it sprang back on its
own.

Thanks for the help...

John Metzger
metzger@decwet.dec.com