Re: Cobra Ramblings (fwd)

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Cobra Ramblings (fwd)
From: Clay Robinson <crobinso@sesky4102b.pl.osd.mil>
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 92 16:48:03 EDT
From: crobinso
Full-Name: Clay Robinson@program support
Subject: Fifteenth Annual British Car Day-Washington, D.C.
To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Bcc: crobinso

The following is a summary of a flyer that I picked up yesterday
at the Sulley Plantation Car Show in Northern Virginia:

The "Original British Car Day" will be held Sunday 28 June at Allen Pond
Park in Bowie Maryland.  The field opens at 8:30am with judging to begin
at noon.  All British cars and Motor Bikes welcome.  Car parts vendors,
antique dealers etc also invited.  Last year more than 700 British cars
were on display and more than 115 awards were presented.  The show was
attended by more than 4,000 people.

A special area is set aside for "for sale cars" -->$30 preregistered or
$35 at gate.  Vendor spaces are also $30 preregistered but $45 at gate.
Spectators are $1 admission, kids under 12 free and parking is $1 per
car.  Show Car entries are $10.  After 700 entries, no more cars allowed
on the field.

The show is sponsored by the Chesapeake Chapter of the New England MG "T"
Register.  Registration mail address is listed as:  Ruth Renkenberger,
5 Miller Fall Court, Derwood, MD  20855.  Make Check payable to:
Chesapeake Chapter, NETR.  Phones listed: (703)323-1260 and (301)948-8269.

Whenever I have entered my Daimler SP-250 at BCD, it has been the only one
there.  Most other models are not so lonely.

More to follow in subsequent message.

clay robinson.           crobinso@sesky4102b.pl.osd.mil
The above opinions are solely my own and not those of my employer.