Tell me how to tow my LBC

To: british-cars@hoosier.cs.utah.edu
Subject: Tell me how to tow my LBC
From: Dennis Wilson <DWILSON@OREGON.UOREGON.EDU>
Date: Sat, 13 Jun 1992 15:26 PDT
I'm moving down to Arizona State Uni at the end of August. I have my 1980
VW Vanagon Camper, and my 77 Midget.  The camper has a tow hitch on the back
with 1500 lbs on it, and the Midget weighs 3000 lbs.

So do you think the VW is up to towing the Midget all the way from Eugene OR
down to Phoenix Az (if I get a more heavy duty tow bar and take it easy)??

And can I tow the Midget with all 4 wheels on the ground for 2000 miles?  I'm
sure a car dolly would be better, but if its OK to do it without why not??
I'm worried about the rotation of the wheels without the rotation of the
engine,as i know this should not be done over long distances on SOME cars.

Thanks for all and any help.

Cheers DW       dwilson@oregon.uoregon.edu