"Spray & Strip" & fibreglass

To: british-cars@hoosier.cs.utah.edu
Subject: "Spray & Strip" & fibreglass
From: phile@pwcs.StPaul.GOV (Philip J Ethier)
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 92 7:56:46 CDT
>From James A. TenCate's summary:
-----------------
(2)  "Spray & Strip" -- a chemical stripper.  "A friend just used
some on his Aluminium March tub, and was happy. It's even
supposed to work on "factory" fibreglass.  I've seen it demo'd --
looks much easier than other strippers."

Please tell me more.  Will this stuff take the paint and leave the gelcoat?
What happens if it gets into the glass, will it evaporate over time (before
painting, of course) or are you screwed?  Why does it say "factory" as a
disclaimer?  Inquiring (Lotus) minds want to know!

Phil Ethier, THE RIGHT LINE, 672 Orleans Street, Saint Paul, MN  55107-2676
h (612) 224-3105     lotus@pnet51.orb.mn.org
w (612) 298-5324     phile@pwcs.stpaul.gov  (list goes here)
"The workingman's GT-40" - Anthony Colin Bruce Chapman