PVC pipe was re: air compressors

To: british-cars@autox.team.net (british-cars@autox.team.net)
Subject: PVC pipe was re: air compressors
From: britcars@hpfckjs.fc.hp.com
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 92 8:53:47 MDT
I read an article somewhere can't place it now.  But the jist of the article
was that PVC pipe was a very bad idea for plumming high pressure air lines.
there were several reasons listed, the most compelling being that should the
pipe crack under high pressure it has a tendancy to explode into tiny bit of
high speed shrapenal.  This didn't sound like my idea of pleasant weekend
experience.  I am sill looking for an inexpensive way of plumbing my shop for
air.  I will probably end up using 3/4" air hose.  This will give me the
felxibility of rerouting it as my shop changes.
--

Kevin Spooner
The Sports Works of Greeley

britcars@hpfckjs.fc.hp.com